The Uppers wishes you The Shift in 2017
Christmas is undoubtedly a very special time of year. From the tree, to the gifts, to the time spent with family… But mostly, it’s a time of reflections. Reflections about your achievements during last year, the stage that you are in, the people you are surrounded by, the worth of your material belongings, your professional and personal status…
Once you got your conclusions, the list of next year goals is started to be put on the paper. Before you start with it, from the Uppers we would like to use this great opportunity, and participate in the mentioned planning process by sharing the ideas that inspires and guides us.
We are actually big fans of Dr. Wayne Dyer – a guru of journey of spiritual reconnection. He was an American philosopher, self-help author, and a motivational speaker. His first book, Your Erroneous Zones (1976), is one of the best-selling books of all time, with an estimated 35 million copies sold to date.
Dr. Wayne Dyer best pieces
“My beliefs are that the truth is a truth until you organize it, and then it becomes a lie. I don’t think that Jesus was teaching Christianity, Jesus was teaching kindness, love, concern, and peace. What I tell people is don’t be Christian, be Christ-like. Don’t be Buddhist, be Buddha-like.” he stated.
Our favorite piece created by Dr. Wayne Dyer is his movie ¨The Shift¨. The concepts in it that really empower us are the things Dyer says about surrendering, being of service and connecting to a higher energy or Source and just let it work through you.
We need shift
We spend so much of our lives pushing, striving to attain some status, acquire something, know some important person, or earn some amount of money. We errantly believe that once we make that first million, or drive that Mercedes, then we will have arrived. But as anyone who’s accomplished any of these ego-driven goals can attest, once you reach one false horizon, another somehow appears. Then another. And another. We never get there, not this way. And our ego-driven, ambition-laden lives prevent us from enjoying our precious present moments.
In the meantime, we often suffer anxiety, depression and a general sense of distraction and discontent. Inevitably, we hit a wall. Who among us hasn’t hit that wall in our lives, that trying time when we ask ourselves the nagging existential question, “Is this all there is?”
We need shift.
Inspiring Quotes of The Shift
- “We cannot live the afternoon of life according to the program of life’s morning for what was great in the morning will be little in the evening and what in the morning was true at evening will have become a lie”
- Edge God Out (Ego) “Who you are is what you have” is what the world would like us to think. “The more that I have, the more valuable I am as a person” Not only is what I have what I am; it is what I do. It becomes achievement. We become consumed by success, my value, my worth as a human being is what I accomplished. Competition is what the Ego says. I am what other people think of me (my reputation). I have to dress the way people think or there is something wrong with me. Women: in relationship to family, the only way we can fulfill ourselves is by how we relate to our family: mother/daughter/granddaughter. This is NOT The only thing. When we have a calling to do something great. Don’t ignore that calling that says we are here to create something powerful. We have just as much of a right to do this as anyone else.
- Let yourself be lived by it rather than you taking over
- Parenting is not about having children lean on you but making leaning unnecessary. They have a compass, let them follow their own compass; freeing you up to be your own person on your own time and allowing them to become who they are to become.
- If you can stop interfering in your own life and just be done, everything will be done for you.
- The best way to have those doors open is to forget about yourself and serve; it’s always about service. You can’t attract what you want into your life; you attract what you are.
- Becoming the observer (step back) you begin to live in process, trusting where our source is taking you. You begin to detach from the outcome. That detachment allows you to stop fighting and allows things to just come to you; you no longer make things happen but allow them to show up. The fight is gone.
- We came here with music to play…
- When the shift happens, you begin to realize you are not here to push life and make it a struggle all the time you being to enjoy life and that is what happens in the afternoon of life.
- You’re only a thought away from changing your life.
Let all SHIFT in 2017!
The Uppers team